Chris Lehman, Principal at the Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia, put together a 5-minute presentation that helps us define a 21st Century education. That’s right, 5 minutes
He talks really fast, so here are his slides: Lehman IgnitePhilly.
- What skills are your students building? How will those skills serve them when their done with school? Will they still be relearning and reeducating themselves?
- Do you give your students time to play? Do you take time to play
- Are you unlearning and relearning?
- What questions did Chris’ preso raise for you?
- What can you apply in your teaching, classroom, professional development that will make a difference for your students, colleagues, administration, etc.?
My application: I will be asking my doc students to put together a speed preso – 5 minutes, 20 slides, 15 seconds per slide. This is only possible when you have thoroughly analyzed, sythensized, and created relationships between the elements of the information. It’s hard to make