I’ve been tagged by Sharon Peters to add to the network’s meme. It’s always fun to try to think back on things that aren’t too embarrassing. Here goes:
- In high school is was a Girl Scout – a member of the Mariner Scout Ship (MSS) Morning Star. All year long we would raise money and then in June we would use it for cruise. 20-25 of us, with 15-20 guitars would rent a 65′ yawl (the Desireé) and sail around Catalina and the Channel Islands in Southern California for 5 days. My guitar playing and song leading days also included a summer as a camp counselor at the White’s Landing Girl Scout camp and over 5 years in the same role for Athletes-in-Action, FCA and Young Life.
- In 9th grade I was voted as “Most Witty”.
- One summer I worked in the Market House on Main Street at Disneyland – Did you know that the gold on the merry-go-round horses is real? And that they have fans in the candy store walls that push the smell of the cooking candy out onto Main Street?
- Every summer as a kid I visited family in Pacific Grove, CA. My cousin John and I talked the owner of the glass bottom boats into letting us work for rides on those boats.
- I absolutely love cookies … I could eat them every day … all day – of course I’d have to work out even more than I already do if I ate as many as I wanted.
- I never knew I was claustrophobic until they started sliding me into an MRI tube … “Get me out … get me out!” The “open” MRI isn’t much better … being put out is best.
- After many, many years of driving on Southern California freeways and having numerous near-misses, I am a strong believer in angels – it really is a Wonderful Life.
Here are 7 others who I’ve tagged:
Happy New Year!!